Saturday, 21 April 2012

S is for...

Stephanie Haefner.
Or, to be more precise... A Bitch Named Karma by Stephanie Haefner. Brilliant read. Seriously!

Now, this is chick lit with attitude, sass and style. I have to say that normally, I like my heroine's with a dash of 'little-girl-grows-up' and Lexi is anything but! She is spoiled and abrasive and yet she is written with such candour that I couldn't help but get hooked to her downfall (and, evilly, I enjoyed it). But by the time I hit rock bottom in her story, I had come to admire the good bits about this bad girl, and was rooting for things to come good.

Don't let the cover fool you - this isn't erotica, it's chick lit with a healthy dose of contemporary naughtiness.

A sexy, fun read written with a pinch of brutal honesty. Can't wait for the next one! Karma Kamelion is on my TBR list pronto.

here's the Amazon blurb:
Karma may be a bitch, but sometimes she knows what she’s doing.

When author Lexi Marshall’s perfectly fabulous life of designer clothes, nights on the town with her sexy boyfriend, and a successful writing career literally go up in flames, she must take on Karma and fight to gain control over her life.

Lexi believes her cliché-filled novels are the reason for Karma’s wrath and after a high calorie pity party, she’s determined to rebuild her life to what it once was...that is, until her gynecologist utters a phrase she never expected or wanted to hear: she’s pregnant. Unfortunately, the father is her fresh out-of-the-closet best friend and not the new man in her life.

Have you read it? Sound good to you? Go say hi to Stephanie here!

11 comments:

  1. I'm not letting the cover fool me, but I am looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the above wrote the wrong comment.

    A wonderful post to read.

    Have a peaceful week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is very deceiving! But it sounds like something I would enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Laura!!! I was just popping in to check your posts and bam...it's me!!!! LOL!! I feel so honored!!!!! :) So so glad you enjoyed it. i really enjoyed writing Lexi! She's so sassy! :)

    And yeah...the cover art is a bit deceiving and was one of my main concerns when it was first revealed to me. But, as it goes in this business, I had little say :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too late...the cover completely fooled me!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great read! Lexi is strong and wonderfully written - My sympathy (never pity) for her and my admiration of her kick-ass attitude is the perfect balance, and I think that's the sign of a solid protagonist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read - I'm adding it to my TBR, assuming it's not on there already :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Thanks for the tip. I'm always on the lookout for a new tome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great read. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete